Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Turquoise and Caicos


So on this incredibly rainy and stormy morning, I thought it would be the perfect time to review my new springy nail polish, Turquoise and Caicos by Essie to lift my mood! My old college roommate Caroline visited me for the weekend a few weeks ago.  While we were making a pit stop in the drug store, I mentioned trying to find a fun new nail polish for spring. A week later she mailed me a fun little thank you package that included this fun new polish! It was exactly what I was thinking of! How sweet! 


I usually just stick to pinks and reds, but I loved changing it up for this tropical aqua color! Perfect for spring! And the name is adorable!  My second graders at work loved it too.  They picked up my handsand stared at my nails all week! So cute (Hope that wasn't a sign that only second graders should be wearing a color like this...)! Now if only I was actually in Turks and Caicos....


PS. Sorry for the close ups of my sick-nasty cuticles...

PPS. Excuse the glittery thumb...I was in Target and wanted to try out the sparkles in the store..haha

PPPS. I hope my hands don't look that  wrinkled and gross in real life!

PPPPS. (last one I swear.) If you look at Turquoise and Caicos on the Essie website, it appears much darker in the picture.  It is much more vibrate and bright aqua on the nail. Hope that helps...

Also, since I'm in my review mode, I wanted to mention the new Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm.  I first noticed it after being advertised in Instyle and Lucky Magazine this month.  I went to my local Target later that week and picked it up in Rose (a red).  It's about $7 which isn't too bad!  I almost want to go back and get it in the deeper red, Red Dahlia! It is sheer color, which is good for me since I don't really have the balls yet to wear a bright red lipstick.  It brightens up my face while still looking really natural.  The 'featured' ingredient is Shea Butter, and is really moisturizing.  This being said, I find that the color doesn't stay long, and I need to reapply often.   






It also comes in a super cute little case, that is probably meant to be thrown away, but I actually keep mine in it so that it's easier to find in my purse!





I'm partial to the reds, but here are the other colors it comes in, they are all so pretty!




Have you tried Burt's Bees new Tinted Lip Balm? What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. thank you for visiting my blog and for the lovely comment!

    i totally love the turquoise nail colors! need to get my nails did!

    cheers,
    yvonne
    modern.girl

    ReplyDelete