Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dreary Saturday!

Hello my beautiful non-existent followers! 

This weekend was the one of the first weekends I have had to relax and do nothing in months! I have every weekend in April all booked up as well, so I'm trying to enjoy doing nothing. It's hard.  Today was quite rainy and gross, so I stayed in most of the day relaxing and cleaning my disgusting bedroom. I feel so much more rejuvenated now! :) The boyfriend is stopping by on his way back to school from spring break for a few hours tomorrow and I am so excited!! I haven't seen him in a few weeks! 


I've been meaning to do a post with some outfits, but my photographing skills are less than fabulous, so it might start off kinda rough. Oh well, no judging, right? Obviously no one is reading this yet anyway! Ha! 


I follow many different fashion blogs, and LOVE LOVE LOVE looking at the outfits these creative and wonderful ladies put together.  Here is my problem: I love fashion, and clothes and putting outfits together, but it just doesn't really seem practical for me to have/wear these fabulous outfits.  I think part of it is my living in the suburbs of a city in South Carolina. People just don't get dressed up much, and I am not one to really draw a lot of attention to myself.  Also, I think the crowd I run with is another factor.  I hang out with a lot of people that are still in college and dress super casual most of the time.  I also hang out with a lot of guys, and they are always in typical khaki shorts and tee shirts!  I don't like coming across as trying too hard or high maintenance!  
    I know people say you should dress in a way that fits your personality and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, but that's easier said than done for me.  Now, I'm not saying I wish I could have the balls to wear 8 inch platforms and tutus to Target, but it would be nice to have some extra confidence to dress a little edgier!  I find it hard dressing for the occasion.  It just seems like everyone is always so predictable and casual.  I think I need to start stepping out of my comfort zone a little and let my fashion inspirations carry over to what I actually wear going out and in my day to day life.  


Advice? Thoughs? Cares? Worries? Am I alone in this? Probably! haha

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Step out of your comfort zone! I think that when you put time and effort into your outfits, the confidence will follow. Obviously dress for the occasion (you wouldn't wear red heels to hang out in your friend's garage), but make easy switches at first and the rest will fall in line.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for visiting my blog and for the lovely comment!

    you should just dress up for fun. even if you don't go anywhere. i'm usually a huge scrub, but i love dressing up just for fun. i think my blog has given me the chance to play with my style more. you should play with it, even if it's just for us!

    cheers,
    yvonne
    modern.girl

    ReplyDelete